This is the timeline for Tales From the Rhyndale Railway, encompassing elements from both the Television Series and Railway Series.
- Stephenson's Rocket is built.
- The Sodor and Mainland Railway is built.
- Clive, Neil and Matthew arrive on Sodor.
- Smudger is built.
- Silver is built.
- Skarloey is built.
- Tallyllyn is built.
- Skarloey arrives on Sodor.
- Rheneas is built and arrives on Sodor.
- Dolgoch is built.
- Skarloey has trailing wheels and a cab installed.
- Mary and Jane are built.
- Andrew is built for the Wellsworth and Suddery Railway.
- The Wellsworth & Suddery Railway is opened.
- Mary and Jane arrive on Sodor.
- Andrew's construction is completed.
- Emily arrives on Sodor.
- The Mid Sodor Railway opens.
- Smudger arrives on Sodor.
- Colleen is built.
- The Tidmouth, Knapford and Elsbridge Light Railway is opened.
- Colleen arrives on Sodor.
- Murtagh is built arrives on Sodor.
- Rupert is built and shipped to Sodor to work on the Wellsworth & Suddery Railway.
- Godred arrives on Sodor.
- Ernest arrives on Sodor.
- Culdee arrives on Sodor.
- Shane arrives on Sodor.
- Construction on the Culdee Fell Railway begins.
- Wilfred arrives on Sodor.
- The Culdee Fell Railway is opened.
- Godred is scrapped after a fall.
- Proteus is built.
- Falcon is built.
- The Culdee Fell Railway is re-opened after receiving further maintenance following the events of Godred's death.
- Proteus arrives on Sodor.
- Proteus has a fatal accident with gunpowder wagons ignited by wheel sparks from braking.
- Falcon arrives on Sodor.
- Fearless Freddie arrives on Sodor.
- Burnett Stone is born.
- Molly is built.
- The North Western Railway is formed from the Sodor and Mainland, the Tidmouth, Knapford and Elsbridge Light and the Wellsworth and Suddery railways.
- Rupert is scrapped.
- Thomas arrives on Sodor and is numbered 1.
- Edward arrives on Sodor and is numbered 2.
- The Ballahoo tunnel is built.
- The workshops at Crovan's Gate are established.
- The bridge over the Walney Channel is built.
- The Tidmouth-Arlesburgh branch is built.
- The Peel Godred line opens.
- Stuart is built.
- Stuart arrives on Sodor.
- Clive is scrapped.
- Matthew is scrapped.
- Colleen is scrapped.
- Murtagh is scrapped.
- Mary and Jane are scrapped.
- Andrew is sheeted and abandoned in a shed.
- Neil is also sheeted and abandoned.
- Gordon arrives on Sodor.
- Henry arrives on Sodor.
- Lachlan arrives on Sodor.
- Alfred arrives on Sodor and is shortly sent packing.
- Sebastian arrives on Sodor and is also sent packing.
- A second bore is cut for the Ballahoo tunnel after Henry stops in the original.
- James arrives on Sodor and is overhauled.
- Flying Scotsman is built.
- The Rev. Teddy Boston is born.
- Harvey is built.
- Lady's construction begins.
- Lady's construction is completed.
- Green Arrow is built.
- Gordon is rebuilt.
- Christopher Awdry is born.
- Stephen Topham Hatt is born.
- Bridget Amanda Hatt is born.
- The Mid Sodor Railway is closed due to Smudger breaking down.
- The Tidmouth-Arlesburgh branch is closed.
- Duke is sheeted and abandoned in a shed.
- Smudger is abandoned.
- Bertram is sheeted and hidden at an old mine.
- Fearless Freddie is loaned to the Ffestiniog Railway.
- Falcon and Stuart are purchased by the aluminium works at Peel Godred for an expansion project.
- Thomas is given his own Branch Line.
- The North Western Railway becomes officially known as the "North Western Region of British Railways".
- Bertie arrives on Sodor.
- Terence arrives on Sodor.
- Henry is overhauled.
- Rheneas is overhauled.
- Falcon and Stuart are sheeted.
- Henry is rebuilt into an LMS Stanier Class 5 following his crash.
- Toby's tramway closes down.
- Toby arrives on Sodor.
- Stuart and Falcon are purchased by the Skarloey Railway and renamed "Peter Sam" and "Sir Handel" respectively.
- Skarloey is overhauled.
- Cora is purchased for the Skarloey Railway.
- Trevor is sent to be scrapped.
- Queen Elizabeth II visits Sodor.
- Trevor is purchased by Reverend Charles Laxey.
- Queen Elizabeth II visits Sodor.
- Nelson arrives on Sodor.
- Jack arrives on Sodor.
- Alfie arrives on Sodor.
- Max and Monty arrive on Sodor.
- Isobella arrives on Sodor.
- Patrick arrives on Sodor.
- Duck arrives on Sodor.
- Mark V arrives on Sodor.
- Gertrude and Millicent arrive on Sodor.
- Sir Topham Hatt I dies.
- Great Waterton celebrates its first anniversary.
- Flora visits the North Western Railway.
- City of Truro visits Sodor.
- Diesel visits Sodor.
- Ada, Jane and Mabel arrive on Sodor.
- Rusty arrives on Sodor.
- Duncan arrives on Sodor.
- Skarloey returns from being mended.
- BBC producers make a documentary about the Skarloey Railway.
- Thumper arrives on Sodor.
- Molly is puchased by a private owner.
- Donald and Douglas arrive on Sodor.
- The Spiteful Brakevan is crushed by Douglas.
- Diesel 10 is built.
- The Rhyndale Railway is founded.
- The Vicarstown Dieselworks is erected.
- Norman arrives on Sodor.
- Paxton arrives on Sodor.
- Den arrives on Sodor.
- Dart arrives on Sodor.
- Sidney is built.
- Murdoch is built.
- Great Waterton is rediscovered by Thomas.
- Stanley arrives on loan to do Thomas' work.
- Billy is overhauled.
- Daisy arrives on Sodor.
- Alan arrives on Sodor.
- Adam arrives on Sodor.
- Diesel 10 visits Sodor.
- Splatter and Dodge visit Sodor.
- Lady visits Sodor.
- Edward is overhauled.
- Flora arrives on Sodor.
- Hank arrives on Sodor after numerous modifications.
- Derek is built.
- Mavis arrives on Sodor.
- Rheneas returns to the Skarloey Railway.
- Lord Harry arrives on Sodor.
- Alaric arrives on Sodor.
- Eric arrives on Sodor.
- Billy has an accident with rubble.
- Derek arrives on Sodor and is sent back to return as a Rhyndale engine.
- Stepney visits Sodor.
- Bowler visits Sodor.
- The Rhyndale Railway opens on June 12.
- Flora visits the Rhyndale Railway to assist the passenger load.
- Adam and Alan break down and the electrical cables above the line are removed.
- The Tidmouth-Arlesburgh branch is re-opened, to be serviced by Duck.
- Culdee returns to the Culdee Fell Railway.
- Lord Harry is renamed "Patrick".
- Neville is rescued by the Bluebell Railway.
- Shane returns to the Culdee Fell Railway.
- The one-hundredth anniversary of the Skarloey Railway is celebrated.
- BoCo arrives on Sodor.
- Bill and Ben arrive on Sodor.
- Production of a replica of Stephenson's Rocket begins.
- Oliver arrives on Sodor.
- Murdoch is withdrawn from service.
- After being loaned for twelve years, Stanley is finally purchased by the North Western Railway and numbered 12.
- Bert, Mike and Rex arrive on Sodor to service the Arlesdale Railway.
- Reverend W. Awdry and Reverend Teddy Boston visit Sodor.
- Crovan's Gate Works is rebuilt.
- Victor arrives on Sodor.
- Cranky arrives on Sodor.
- Salty arrives on Sodor.
- Emily arrives on Sodor and is numbered 13.
- Arthur arrives on Sodor and is briefly owned by the North Western Railway until he is purchased by the Rhyndale Railway.
- Murdoch arrives on Sodor.
- Harvey arrives on Sodor.
- Bulgy arrives on Sodor.
- Duke is discovered by Fergus Duncan, the Reverend W. Awdry and the Reverend Teddy Boston.
- Stephenson's Rocket visits the Rhyndale Railway.
- The construction of Stephen is completed on January 7th.
- Charlie arrives on Sodor and is numbered 14.
- Murdoch is saved from scrap.
- Rosie is numbered 15.
- Rosie is assigned to the Ffarquar Branch.
- Whiff arrives on Sodor and is numbered 16.
- Clive Topham Hatt is born.
- Murdoch's rebuild is completed.
- The Rhyndale Railway celebrates its sixth anniversary.
- Emily Helen Hatt is born.
- Scruff arrives on Sodor and is numbered 17.
- Thomas is overhauled.
- Scruff is assigned the Peel Godred Branch line.
- Annie and Clarabel are rebuilt.
- Blister I and II arrive on Sodor.
- Porter arrives on Sodor and is numbered 18.
- After Privatisation, the name "North Western Railway" becomes official.
- Thomas is invited to a railway show in York.
- Frank is re-engined.
- Henry is overhauled.
- Wilbert visits Sodor.
- Barry is rescued and visits Sodor.
- Fearless Freddie is damaged beyond repair and is mornfully scrapped.
- Ivo Hugh is built.
- The Reverend W. Awdry dies.
- Sir Topham Hatt II dies.
- The manager of Anopha Quarry is visited by the police after Henrietta is booked for allowing workmen to ride on her balconies.
- Victoria is returned to service.
- Steven Topham Hatt retires.
- Helen Margaret Hatt becomes the "Fat Controller."
- Adam and Alan are converted into diesel-electric engines.
- Stepney, Bluebell, and Captain Baxter's overhauls are completed, and the Bluebell Railway celebrates its 50th anniversary.
- The Railway Series celebrates its sixty-fifth anniversary.
- Wilbert is scheduled to be back in service after a major overhaul.
- Pip and Emma are purchased by the North Western Railway.
- The North Western Railway celebrates the Reverend W. Awdry's 100th birthday.
- The Rhyndale Railway celebrates its fiftieth anniversary.
- The Skarloey Railway celebrates its sesquicentennial anniversary.